I was hoping you all could help me out.  I am going to be upgrading my
video camera here sometime soon, and I need some help.  The camera I
have now is a JVC and it works pretty well, but what the big thing it
is missing is a way for an external mic.

So my "needs" are a camera that has an external mic capibility, plus
everything else that my JVC GR-D250 has, well maybe not everything but
most of it, manual white balane, different "speeds" etc, Also I am
guessing but by having an exteranl mic you would also get rid
of "motor" noise when zooming, is that correct?  I tried doing a search
for information on this in the group but I didn't have much luck so I
aplogize if this has been discussed before.  Thanks for your help....

Oh I am looking to hopefully only spend about $1.00, just kidding but
money is an object so I am hoping to spend under 400 if that is
possible, just looking for a good entry level or slightly above camera
that will fit my needs for more than 6 months you know......thanks..

Heath - Batman Geek
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com