The porblem, mgmoon, is that with windows/windows media player (at least on many if not most) systems is that once you take the screen capture you cant really use it.  The captured cannot be placed in a window which is at a different pixel location from the origional.  The pasted image never moves from the pixel location it was in when you hit the printscreen button ... even if your editor window is elsewhere.

You can paste it into an editor like photoshop or gimp, but you dont see the image.  you can drag the editor window around the screen and see parts of the origional image apear in certain locations.

Makes it really difficult at best to use.