> the idea of modal windows like the lightbox script isnt a bad one just
> because the FireAnt approach didnt work well enough.

Just stating my opinion on using this method on our site for a while and why we switched to a different technique. Take it or leave it.

The biggest problem in my eyes was that there was no visible video permalink appearing in the browser address bar to copy-paste. I think people generally expect that when they want to link to something or bookmark it. Again... simple observations from using this technique on our site.

-josh