I don't think I've ever posted a real message to this group, so if I
breach any etiquette it's only out of ignorance :) ...but something
has been bugging me for a while now and I think if any group people
can address it, it would be this group.

We saw during videoblogging week 2006 how hard it was to keep track of
all the videos being posted with the 'videobloggingweek2006'
tag...granted we were relying on technorati which kind of left us
hanging.

Now with the 'ism' conversations recently I find it hard to keep track
of the every one's input to that conversation.

Tags are great, but (unless I am dense and don't know how to use
blogger) blogger doesn't provide an easy interface to add tags to
posts.  Videobloggers may not be inclined to copy and paste the
required html or even know how to use tags properly.

Before I started videoblogging I am sure it was easy to keep track of
these threads since there were a few people participating...but since
the explosion, there's just too many to keep up with 'manually'

I guess in my usual round-about way I am asking this: how can we
facilitate conversation tracking?  Groups, and social networks aren't
good for this since they are confined to the hosting site.  Do we need
to promote tag usage more?  Do we need to poke and prod blog hosting
services to provide support for tags (ie, make is easier to tag).  I
think tags are the way to go, but it seems like something is missing.

--
~Devlon
http://loadedpun.com | http://mefeedia.com