There's actually a few things that could cause this ... but assuming it is in fact unauthorized use of your mail server there are a few things you should do:

First off, make sure your mail server is not an open relay.  An open relay is where a mail server will forward on email even when nither the recipient nor the sender are its local users.  You'll have to read a bit on your mail server to see how to configure it properly.  There are some webbased tools to test if your an open relay or not. (http://spamlinks.net/prevent-secure-relay-test.htm#web

2nd, you should be able to setup your email server so that authentication is required to send email from it.  This way the only people who can send email from your server are users who have a mail account on the server.  Now, even if they forge the source address in an attempt to fool the 1st safeguard ... your server will additionaly insist they provide a username / password.

(I dont know much about linux (or mail servers honestly) so I cant really provide much more detail than that)

3rd, run a good Anti-virus sweep on all your machines.  Some viruses will send mass mail with variants of your email address ... and often generate bounce messages.  If its a virus, the problem may not be on your linux box but another on your lan.

4th, make sure you have a decent firewall in place

After all thats said and done you should be ok.  If you're still being blocked by spam services (because of past spam) you may need to send a request to some of the spam / open relay databases saying you've taken the above steps and ask to be removed.

- Dave