Hello,

On 5/18/06, Richard (Show) Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As you can tell by my signature, I don't have an opinion on this issue ...

I agree in "saving the Internet" too.  I just disagree on how to do it.

See ya

Here's my feeling about "government regulation" the bill of rights, the patriot act, and the COPE (network neutrality) legislation.

The bill of rights is a good thing, the patriot act is a bad thing, the COPE legislation is a good thing, whatever they are called.

I'm not real excited about the current US administration, but I don't think of government as inherently bad.

I'm very much in favor of government programs that support what I believe to be good/true. I'm not ashamed of that.

I have a pretty staunchly conservative friend who said that his belief was that the only role of the government is to provide defense for the nation. My feeling is that ...if that's the government's only job, then how is there any guarantee that what they are defending is worth defending?

... Richard