Oh, and there is always the iPodLinux Project....
http://ipodlinux.org/Main_Page

Warning: Make sure you dual-boot it otherwise you'll be screwed.  I
had an old iPod that I overwrote everything w/ Linux and quickly found
out that the iPodLinux Project does not have an "off" function for v3
iPods.

I resorted to cracking open the iPod and using the 40GB hard drive w/
an 2.5" USB enclosure for portable storage.  If you try to buy that
much storage at that size it retails for over $120 USD.  Not all was lost.

-Matt

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apple purposely does not allow this.  Otherwise I could bring my 60 GB
> iPod loaded w/ content over to your place and easily dump all of it
> down to your machine w/o regards to copyright.
>
> There have been a few programs out that provide a workaround.  I
> remember using something called "elphpod" (elfpod?), but a quick
> Google search did not provide any decent results.
>
> -Matt
> ------------------
> http://vlogmap.org
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard (Show) Hall"
> <richard@> wrote:
> >
> > Today is the day where:
> >
> > 1) I make my move, to move up on the top 20 poster list
> > 2) I try and set the record for most goofy and simple questions
> >
> > ... I have videos on my iPod
> > ... How do I get the video off of the iPod and on to my computer? (I
> would
> > have thought selecting video and dragging to desk top, but no luck
> on that
> > one)
> >
> > ... Richard (top 20 vlog list poster and silly question asker)
> >
> > --
> > Richard
> > http://www.richardshow.com
> >
> > Save the Internet - Preserve Network Neutrality!
> > http://www.savetheinternet.com

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains