Hey Verdi, there is a workaround for the squishing ... you open the DV
file in QTPro, get into Movie Properties, go into the video
properties, uncheck the box to maintain aspect ratio or whatever, and
change the dimensions to 640x480. Now when you export to iPod you
shouldn't get squishing, cropping or letterboxing.

As for 7.1, I'm going to try it tonight. For now I've resorted to
downgrading to a previous <unstable> version of QTPro that will at
least let me export a H.264 baseline file of my chosen specs that will
work on ipod - rather than having to use the bloated "export for ipod"
option. Apple really pissed me off and wasted a lot of my time when
they screwed up the H.264 exporting. It _did_ force me to buy a video
iPod so I could test my vids, though ... was that their plan all along?

Waz
www.crashtestkitchen.com