--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Haugstrup"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2006 09:34:57 +0200, Charles Iliya Krempeaux
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Windows and Linux users who want to broadcatch are going to be SOL
if the
> > only video format you output is QT.
>
> Why? There are players for both Windows and Linux. Matt said 90% of
his
> traffic comes from iTunes, I bet the vast majority of those are iTunes
> users on Windows.

Yeah, I completely disagree w/ Quicktime causing Windows/Linux users
to be out of luck.  First of all, iTunes has captured the market for
now... it works on both Windows/Mac and is bundled with Quicktime.
Second, Linux users have many options and are used to hunting down
workarounds.

IMHO, topic-based vlogs benefit more from being in iTunes than any
other viewing method (including embedding videos on their site).  I've
help a handful of action sports companies create "video podcasts" and
each has had great success with Quicktime (iTunes).

Each of the sites I've worked on show stats very close to Ridertech...

92.6% = iTunes
0.02% = Yahoo
0.008% = Unknown
0.007% = Bloglines
0.003% = Mefeedia
0.0008% = FireANT

Actually, the other sites show an even higher percentage of iTunes
readers.

Don't get me wrong, I DO think that Flash on the blog (w/ a QT
alternative link) and a Quicktime feed for iTunes is the best.  If you
have the Flash FLVs already, you can also easily add a Flash feed.

So where is the problem?  Do you think WMV should get more play?
Vlogging already has a high production cost and I do not see the value
in adding WMV right now.

Just my two cents.

-Matt
http://vlogmap.org