The magic here is who they are charging.  Telcos could charge the consumer per KB if they wanted.  But the dont.

So instead we're supposed to let them prioratize what can be published?  That doesnt make any sense.

Charge me for the video I consume ... ok ... sucks but ok.  (market competition will make sure this stays within the realm of reality)

But to leverage the content that is available to be comsumed is evil.  Sure they might not do it in an evil way ... but they could ... and they'd make more profit if they did ... so what do you think they'll do?

If we let them create a system where content that is most favorable to their bottom line is the only content that can be easily accessed we let them create a system that WILL be abused by the wealthy powers that be.

If we let them create a system where their politcal interests can be blocked/hindered ... they will use that system

Its the difference of who is charged for what.  They arent asking for consumers to be charged for what they use, they are asking for the right to prioritize and charge differently the content that is available to be consumed ... evil.