On 5/25/06, Charles HOPE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are you demanding that FedEx deliver all packages for the same price?  Yes, perhaps they wish to charge a flat rate per ounce.  But what if they wanted to charge businesses more than nonprofits? What if they wanted to take bids?  What if they charged more for speedy delivery?

No, but I dont think these two things have enough similarity to be a reasonable comparison.  This isnt about what FedEx would charge per package, but what they would charge per package based on who you were.  Its as if FedEx said "we'll delever everything for 1$ unless you are a registered repulbican in which case you have to pay $347".

I'm ok with the telcos deciding they are going to charge users based on bandwidth consumed.  It even makes sense.  But thats not what they are asking for.

They are asking for a system where they can limit what is available for consumers to spend that bandwidth on in the first place.

They are asking to create an environment where inovative new companies or political grass root groups would have to compete FINACIALLY with Microsoft and the GOP just for the right to have that content available.

Charge the downloaders not The People trying to use their 1st amendment rights.

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com
feed:   http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed

Fireant Individual Typepad