On 5/30/06, greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi.

I have just started my vlog last month, and have posted around 7
videos so far.

I have a few more "Waiting in the wings". (actually, they are starting to stack up)

How often do people post vlogs?  Is it daily, once a week, a couple
of times a week?  I have not been in the community long enough to figure this out yet by following the RSS feeds.

some people post everyday, some a few times a week, others a few times a month if that.  I started hot and heavy with a post almost everyday, but that's tough to keep up (we had so many technical difficulties it wasn't funny, ok mildly funny)

I have been checking out my "visitors" via sitemeter, but I don't
seem to have that many.

I don't want to post videos faster than they get viewed, but if I
have no viewers, should I still post videos?

For sure, 'post them and they will come view'....at least some will :)

Everybody videoblogs for their own reasons.  Some for fame, some for speaking their mind, some for connections and conversations, others for experimentation with the video/'net medium...and some for all of the above.  In my opinion, you should always be doing it for yourself, then you'll never have to worry about satisfying someone, 'cause at least you will be satisfied.

Chances are pretty good that someone else will find what you are posting interesting and will come watch.

I find that interacting with other videobloggers is a great way to get your site seen a bit.  Interacting with this list a great start.  going to other videoblogs and watching, commenting, interacting, maybe even collaborating will help to let others know that you are around and you may see your stats grow.

Just my two cents...I don't have that many viewers either and I've been doing it for a year now :)  But I have come to think of the viewers that I do have as my friends (interacting with them through comments, conversations, etc.) and wouldn't trade those 20-30 people for a 100 more.

Anyway, enjoy and welcome :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Greg.