I don't know if it lacks historical perspective, but I am talking
about a moment in time and yes there are lots of things that can
happen, but given the recent price YT fetched and now that Google is
behind it.....I don't think it is going away anytime soon....

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

And just for the record, I am not saying YT is better or that it is
the only way, I am talking about my perspective on an event, that
makes me feel a certain way. Personaly I use blip because I think
it's better for me to do so, my choice, my opinion and I hope that
blip is successful because I happen to like the guys and gals at
blip....

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hudack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There was a time when, for a great many people, the Internet was
Yahoo.
> This conversation lacks historical perspective.  Yes, we may be in
> time right now when someone thinks "Internet video" and then things
> "YouTube."  That won't last forever, and the lifespans of such
things
> get shorter every iteration.
>
> Scott Lockman wrote:
> >
> > You know it's the real deal when it gets transformed from a noun
to a verb
> > ala Rocketboom, "Man, they Rocketboomed my video - I'm famous."
Or Google,
> > as in, "Jimmy's chances of getting the job evaporated the moment
the
> > head of
> > HR googled his name."
> >
> > Such was also the case when FOX's Jane Skinner said that everyone
would
> > YouTube her when she had so much trouble saying, "Top Cop" on the
air
> > recently. She was right! They YouTubed her with a vengeance.
> >
> > Linguistically, the iPod seems to be precluded from such
grammatical
> > shenanigans. The pronoun I at the front makes it very difficult
for
> > iPod to
> > ever be more than a clause or a simple sentence. It doesn't seem
to be
> > able
> > to work as a verb in the same way as google, rocketboom or
youtube do.

> > Many have tried. Who can ever forget when Robin said, "Holy
homophone, I
> > can't believe I pecked and I pawed my way out of the slums of
Gotham