"I can think of -- off the top of my head -- at least five
projects that either failed or were significantly damaged because of
their choice of Drupal as their CMS"

I can think of 3 that I know of personally. So yes, "Drupal considered
dangerous for startups" is probably a fair warning. But it's not really
meant for startups. Or it shouldn't be. I also know of a few social sites
that use it successfully and have loads of users. But they've been around,
they are not startups really.

Peter

--
Find 10000s of videoblogs and podcasts at http://mefeedia.com