the xacti HD is pretty kick ass
compared to the regular ones.
(jay just got one for xmas from yours truly)

but obviously you don't upload the HD version
because it would be way too big.
the reason to use it is for overall better quality footage
that will then be shrunk down.

jay shoots a lot of macro stuff (if you watch him, you know it's bugs)
and the xacti c-4 just looks crappy and super pixelly that close.

but the HD looks rad.
and does widescreen!!

but you know he's going to compress it down to a much smaller mp4.
same goes with any camera
if you start with good source footage
it's going to compress well
(ok if you know how to compress well)