Agreed.

Lucas makes correct technical points on how to either directly fix this or
to request to blip or other 3rd party hosting services to fix it for your
content (or it may be decided to globally implement such changes).

I dont propose the end to deeplinking but there is simply a right and a
wrong way to go about it.
Whether or not the wrong ways are in fact "legally" wrong is besides the
primary concern, despite it being curious.  The issue is largely about
respect.  And though this is the wild web in which we weave, we must demand
proper behavior from companies that are not shady entities
(splogs/spaggregators etc.) but that are instead legitimate and often
well-funded entities.  Whether that be Veoh, Heavy, YouTube or any other
prominent brand.... Noise will be made and the message delivered.  In the
past, it has helped make companies better and guided them on a path inline
with netiquette in mind instead of abusive behavior.
There is absolutely no reason not to blog about this whenever it happens.
It's not about mobbing for sake of mobbing.  This is a legit concern and it
should be on the radar of any reputable service in this space.

Big Picture stuff.  Not intricate techie fixes.  Thats what this is about.

Sull

--
Sull
http://vlogdir.com (a project)