On 1/4/07, Mike Hudack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's correct.  The problem is that we do want to be picky.  We want to
> allow people to use VPIP to play back videos hosted on blip, but we
> don't want to allow them to use the MyHeavy player on MyHeavy.com
> (unless it's the content creator themselves making that decision, in
> which case it's OK).  Make sense?  The issue here is that it's always
> case-by-case, and I challenge you to create rewrite rules that don't
> include a narrow whitelisting of things like VPIP (which don't have
> usable user-agent reporting anyway).

This is a case for Brainstorming.  For example, what's wrong with a
tool which allows each user to define a whitelist and blacklist?  If
that were doable it would be a wonderful competitive advantage for
Blip.  If I worked there I would propose that Blip be the first video
hosting provider to allow users to define their own rewrite rules via
a web-based UI.