While we're at it how come no-one is getting mad about iTunes not
providing any permalinks or link backs back to the original blog post?

It's something that's infuriated me since iTunes has come out.

Apple is using vloggers and podcasters to drive millions of people
through the itunes directory to sell them mainstream media off the
backs of our traffic.  Tell me who the fuck else is encouraging people
to download itunes?  Who has thousands and thousands of links from
websites all over the web that launch itunes and take people directly
into the itunes store?   Is it music labels and movie houses.  I don't
fucking think so, and apple doesn't even have the courtesy to throw me
a goddam permalink.

So forgive me if I say what the fuck... why do you care so much about
heavy making money off your shit without giving you a little attrib
and a link back and not iTunes!?  Is it because MyHeavy is so damn
obvious... or is because MyHeavy does it in a web browser and apple
does it in a piece of software?

If you want to sue someone sue Apple. They're dienfranchising
thousands of podcasters and videobloggers and depriving them of
tremendous amounts of opprotunities to connect with their users and
provide them with ads... or sell them their own independant music and
movies that by the way isn't in it the iTunes store.  Nope! You're the
free advertising that brings people in to sell them the real music and
advertising.

Congrats!

Apple itunes... add it to to the list of youtube to places the
independant media maker builds all the value and yet makes none of the
money.

For christ sake I can't believe I have to point it out again... you
know all that shit from vloggercon about the internet not coming to
your front door... while it's not just about net neutrality, it's
already happening and I can't find enough videobloggers and podcasters
who give a shit to tell apple we won't stand for it.

So fcuk it.

I'm a one man chorus on the give me some damn permalinks in itunes front.

But maybe we can kick around heavy.. someone who might actualy do
something for us.

Peace,

-Mike