Hi Caleb,

In FCP you can tweak out your settings to match your input source
(640x480 15fps), but your probably still going to have to render it
out because it's .AVI and FCP has no preset for this sort of thing.
That's the route I would go, so you don't have to do the weird
converting and resizing (640x480 to 720x480 and DV pixels to square
pixels).  Play around with your sequence presets, you'd be suprised at
all the wacky formats you can edit in.

Damien

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Verdi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Caleb,
> It's not going to happen. This is one place where Windows Movie
Maker kicks
> butt. On a Mac it's best to convert these files to DV for editing.
If you
> are using Final Cut Pro you can create a setting with Compressor to
convert
> things to DV and then make a "Droplet" (mini application) out of it.
That's
> what I've done. I download my clips from my Xacti into iPhoto and
drag the
> ones I want to edit to my droplet in my dock. Then I get snack while
they
> convert to DV.
>
> -Verdi
>
> On 1/21/07, Caleb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Oh wise videobloggers. I've been shooting stuff on a Canon Elph
SD400