Hi Caleb,

For what it's worth, I have been importing Canon 640x 480 AVIs into
iMovie very quickly, with almost no loss of quality.  You have to use
the "iSight" Project setting, though, not the "MPEG4".

I hear that there's a secret option in the latest version of FCP to
sample a clip's exact settings and create a sequence preset, but
since I haven't tried it, I can't tell whether it'll do 15fps.
Probably not.  And as said before, it's also a problem that they're
AVIs.  For what it's worth, though, the sequence settings sampling
thing is only available by ctrl+clicking a clip to get its contextual
menu, and I can't remember what the exact title of the menu item is.
And if you have the previous version of FCP like I do, it's no good.
But it might help somebody - it's a useful feature.

Rupert

FatGirlinOhio videoblog
http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio