--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "dequila73" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey everyone. I'm new to the board and wanted to introduce myself. I'm
> a freelance writer who recently started working at a public access
> station in New York, where I met a lot of great people who work in
> video. So I got inspired and started a travel videoblog. (Feel free to
> check it out! indietrekker.com)

Checked it out.  Interesting pieces.

> Anyway, my question relates to the very small camcorders out there,
> like the Sanyo Xactis. I've read a lot of good things about them,
> including on this board...but how are they in terms of sound quality?
> (the lower end $200-$400 models.) Are there other tiny camcorders out
> there with similar size and image/sound quality?
>
> Right now I'm using a 3-4-year-old Panasonic GS-150. It's a very
> reliable camera, but sometimes too big to just throw in my bag when
> I'm on the go.
>
> Any suggestions for small cameras would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Diana

I don't own one, but I've heard good things about the xacti series.
Since you're involved with actual televison, you might consider
getting the HD version, just in case.

I use the Samsung NV3 digital still camera that records video/audio.
The audio's completely unreliable when it comes to really loud sound
and wind noise, so if that's important to you, I wouldn't recommend
the Samsung.

I just saw the c40 the other day.  It's really small and really light.
 I was told by the owner that the video quality's really good as well.

Try the search function for "xacti c40".

--
Bill C.
http://ReelSolid.TV