Is it?  Doesn't it?  I'm not clever enough to follow your logical
outflanking of me.  The only point I was making was that we shouldn't
be making judgements about people's 'expertise' and thereby telling
people we won't respect their opinion, based on their vlogging
productivity.  A keen observer can be just as intelligent on an issue
as a keen participant.  And my other point was that I instinctively
trust more the *objectivity* of a critic as opposed to a producer on
this kind of issue, as someone who is not directly financially
affected by the industry & market's direction.

I've always enjoyed reading Steve's opinions, whether I agree or not,
when I have a couple of hours to spare :)
But now it seems he might go away... and other people we may not have
heard from will be less willing to speak.  Not good.  But if I've
misunderstood and am objecting wrongly, forgive me.  I am an
occasional dabbler, and I just read in passing for fun, when I should
be finishing my tax.

Rupert