On 1/30/07, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you want to make it even easier for people to go to your site and
> comment when they watch your film in iTunes, you can add a clickable
> link at the end of your Quicktime video, which people in iTunes can
> click on to take them directly to your site.  Hardly anyone does this
> that I've seen - David Meade does it - see http://www.davidmeade.com/
> archives/344 for an example.  I plan to do it, too, as part of my
> next project.

I know what you mean, it's rather complex and proprietary
technology... then again any mov is proprietary anyway.

> You need a copy of something like Livestage or Adobe GoLive to create
> a sprite within a QT movie.  But you can easily create a free
> standard ident page with a clickable link to your homepage by
> downloading Adobe's 30 day trial of GoLive and following their
> tutorial, then just paste that ident .mov file at the top or tail of
> your QT posts.

One should not have to go to this much trouble.

> I get quite a few iTunes views on the rare occasions I post anything
> - it's just something that the average person can understand, and has
> already on their PC.  I sync it with my iPod and watch most of the
> vlogs I watch on the tube.

Cool, I always like to here how people watch their media.

> And I also find it an easy way of going to the sites of those people
> I've subscribed to - just by clicking on the arrow next to the name
> in the podcast section.

Yeap... it goes to your homepage.

I still want my links going right to the original post. Absolutely
every other aggregator has it, and it's still like number one on
blip.tv and my personal best practices from the good old days.

-Mike
mefeedia.com
mmeiser.com/blog