I have more or less settled on the following, which I believe gives me the
best possible distribution with least possible effort:

FLV for viewing in a Flash viewer on my web page
SWF for viewing/download in some RSS feeds (I compress both of these from
raw DV/AVI with an old Flash edition of Sorenson Squeeze)
MP4 for iTunes (using QuickTime Pro to compress from raw DV/AVI)

ps Quesocompuesto is one of the few podcasts I've actually listened to and
enjoyed, once when you shared a conference with Jared Spool (I think it
was...). Must go back and see what's new over by you...

On 2/18/07, Giovanni Gallucci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   OK...I bow before the video masters.
>
> Simple question ­ What does the videoblogging group members recommend when
> it comes to video file-type for a video blog.
>
> I am doing post production on a Mac with a combination of iMovieHD and
> FinalCut Express.
>
> I am considering .mov, .mp4, and .m4v.
>
> I have three goals in this order -
>
> Widest possible distribution with a single file format;
> highest quality; and
> smallest files size :-).
>
> The only thing I¹m not asking for is a built-in, guaranteed audience of
> several thousand right out of the gate.
>
> So...what say ye, video smarties?
>
> giovanni gallucci
> tel € 469.682.6978
> blog € www.theagencyblog.com
> aim € giovannigallucci
> msn € [EMAIL PROTECTED] <giovanni%40gallucci.net>
>
> kinetic results, llc
> 14875 landmark boulevard, suite 200
> addison, tx 75254
> tel € 972.202.9945