Randy,
I'm a Mac fan and have both PC & Macs (PowerPC G4 x2).  One of my
many freelancing jobs is helping people sort out their computer
problems.  I don't think the PC is a slowly dying dinosaur.  PCs are
here to stay because people like what they know.  You could look at
Mac's transition to Intel as a slow convergence towards a world of
oneness where both exist together in a compatible PC world.   Macs
are now really just smart-looking high-spec PCs, with a slightly
different OS.  Vista has learnt from and copied OS X in its
appearance and functionality.    The next computer I'm going to buy
is not a Mac - I've had too many hard drive failures on my G4s and my
iPod to love Apple hardware any more.  It's all about features.  I
have all the design and editing software I need on Mac already, but
what I want from PC is Windows Media Center - integrated TV, HDR,
Video on demand, Podcasting, RSS, Music, blah blah blah.  This is
traditional Mac territory, but Vista has done it better this time.
Apple TV is seriously short on features.

Rupert
http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
http://www.crowdabout.us/fatgirlinohio/myshow/