Provocative?!....please...everyday there is someone saying 'vlogging'
is a failure or who wants to watch people talk to cameras....2 guys
leave a comment on a TechCrunch blog, who cares?  does anyone on this
list care what some guy named "Erik" and some guy whose company helps
you "outsourse" your business thinks? (btw, someone should tell Mr.
David Scott Lewis, that "outsourcing" is soooo 2005,  the term
is "smart sourcing" takes the "sting" out of losing your job and
makes it sound better to shareholders, you didn't outsorce, you smart
sourced, see?)

I vlog cause I wanna vlog, watch if you want, don't if you
don't....If I was worried about numbers, I'd dress in a biniki and do
the news.....

;)

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan McLaughlin"

(http://tinyurl.com/2bcqx5)
> > about VLIP i
> > read the following provocative statements:
> >
> > 'Erick' writes:
> >
> > "Unless a person is at least the slightest bit entertaining,
Vlogging
> > stinks. I dont want to
> > look at some weirdo sitting at home/work talking into a webcam
about their
> > lame day or
> > skill or opinion. If you arent as entertaining as Ze Frank, then
you stink
> > and nobody wants
> > to hear/see you..."
> >
> > and David Scott Lexis writes:
> >
> > "Video blogs have been a failure, as I noted in a couple of
AlwaysOn
> > Network columns.
> > Videos are one thing; automatically downloading video blogs (or
video
> > podcasts; I prefer
> > "video podcasts") is too bandwidth intensive, too slow, takes up
too much
> > hard disk space.
> >
> > You want to leave your computer on all night to download video
podcasts?
> > Well, good for
> > you … but you're in the minority. How many video podcasts have
been
> > successful? Do any
> > have over 10,000 subscribers to their feed?
> >
> > Compare and contrast with "standard" blogs — such as this one.
Matter of
> > fact, are there
> > any video podcasts that have even 1% of the subscribers that
TechCrunch