The right of free speech (in the US anyway) can only be violated by
the government. Meaning it would be unconstitutional for the
government to regulate speech. You are allowed to regulate speech
within your own domain--you own house, business, blog, or
publications you own or control.

Sometimes social pressure is extended to certain
people/organizations to stifle or not restrict certain speech within
their own domain--but that's social pressure, not force of law by a
government. There is a big difference. Example: some political blogs
might delete comments made by people with opposing views, there
isn't anything "illegal" about this--it might be viewed as
intelectually dishonest and people might complain, but no ones
rights are violated.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com