Of course it is exciting and has its place in the mix of networked media.

It is amazing how fast all things video have progressed in just about 2
years.
I suppose i expected most of it.... and i recall some early discussions on
this list by doubters who said nothing big will happen for at least 5
years.... then the online video boom began.

Live streaming is certainly not any sort of replacement or even a comparable
form of distribution to progressive downloads and archived media.  But it is
just as powerful and necessary, primarily for communication (which bleeds
into entertainment).  For journalists alone, it is huge.  Art making...
maybe less so.

I'm not sure how practical the technology is right now, but its fun to see
the experimentation being done.
Justin.TV is obviously for making a point and to demonstate what is
possible... but nobody is going to walk around with a fat camera on the hat
like that.

Oh yeah, its all kind of freaky too ;)

sull