I'm not that familiar with your efforts. Is there somewhere online I can
view them?

I'm essentially thinking using key/value pairs within metadata hooks
provided by QT, Flash, et al. Basically, come up with some type of schema we
can expect to extract, such as licensing restrictions, copyright owner,
originating host (i.e. blip.tv, youtube.com, ...) etc.

I think part of the problem is that the hooks are there, but nobody is
embedding the information. So, nobody's looking for it.

On 4/15/07, sull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Josh-
>
> Maybe this is something the video vertigo team would be willing to tackle?
> (
> > i.e. key/value pairs)
>
> Can you ellaborate here? Because it sounds similar to some of my efforts.
>
> Thnx,
>
> sull
>
> On 4/15/07, joshpaul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<lists%2Byahoo%40joshpaul.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, metadata is key. There are already hooks available, it just seems
> > that
> > the vast majority of people aren't using them. In other words, the major
> > video containers provide methods to embed metadata, so that it travels
> > with
> > the file itself.
> >
> > Maybe this is something the video vertigo team would be willing to
> tackle?
> > (
> > i.e. key/value pairs)

joshpaul