>  It's sometimes difficult to read a long emotional argument like those of
>  Mmeiser without being moved to feel the same emotions.  This is what I
>  assume happened when I was called pathetic, a loser, a troll, etc by group
>  members earlier.
>  Unfortunately, for Mmeiser and some others in this group, personal attacks
>  don't carry much weight in civilized discussions regarding encyclopedic
>  content.
>  Since the yahoo group discussion began, we've had three people contribute
>  encyclopedic content to the article: Ruperthowe, Bullemhead and myself.  For
>  the amount of discussion we've had in this group, I'd like to see more
>  happening to the article.  Let's keep improving it.
>  I'm want to get some third party comments in a week or so after we've done
>  some work on it.

hey Patrick--

thanks for replying.
here's some questions I have to better understand this ongoing process.
--when you say "the need to cite content"....must the sources be
"traditional media"?  or can they come from blogs?
--also, from your user history
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Pdelongchamp), it
looks like the Vlog entry is the only one you are working with? Maybe
you could explain a bit of your background so we know where you're
coming from. You are obviously very interested in defining the subject
of videoblogging.

I guess the confusion comes from defining a topic that is still very
new. You are bumping up against the passion/frustration in this group
since many people here have helped shape what videoblogging is. You
can understand it's a little ironic that we need to quote a
traditional newspaper that may have to one of us....in order to add to
the Vlog entry.

So i agree that everything must be verifiable...but lets define how
what these sources must be for a new field. Very often I find the best
wikipedia articles of new topics simply record the controversy and
different ways of thinking. Can we at least document our differing
points of view?

jay

--
Here I am....