I'm working on a new video-critiquing clip show (a bit like the Daily
Reel or the Clip Show, but with huge differences).

I'm making two or three episodes a week. In each episode, I need to
include six to ten clips from a half-dozen videos. I'm grabbing clips
from YouTube, Blip, College Humor, Vimeo, Quicktime embeds, and
several other sources.

So my needs are:
- Less-than-a-day turnaround
- Ability to capture any video
- Decent framerate/audio

I tried iShowU, $20 to buy and the most commonly recommended program
for this work, but the program refuses to record at a decent frame
rate. (By the way, does anyone know YouTube's default frame rate, or
is that variable?)

I'll probably buy Snapz Pro, but I wondered if anyone would warn me
off lest I waste $70 on another broken program.

Surprisingly, former Daily Reel host Felicia Williams tells me her
crew used TubeSock. (I've used TubeSock but decided encoding entire
videos is too slow and inefficient.)