Vloggerpeeps,

I'm curious about people's thoughts re vlogging antecedents and influence
from other media/movies/etc. Especially if there is stuff that has
influenced YOUR vlogging, but also generally speaking.

A few examples to start off:

    * For vlogs that fall into the personal and video-diary realm:
    *Some of the "homecam" people from the 90s, Jennicam being the most
famous.
    * Sadie Benning's pixelvision diaries.
    * In experimental film: George Kuchar's weather diaries, Anne
Robertson's super8 diaries.
    * Caveh Zahedi's films (also in the narrative/serial category, but
"Bathtub of the World" is literally something that could have been a series
of vlog entries)

The valdezatronnin, jimpunkin' media-hackin' mashuppin' side o'things:
    * Negativland/Over the Edge, Burroughs, Bruce Conner, earlier collage
stuff
    * Emergency Broadcast Network (TV Sheriff too but that's now not then)

Chasing the galactiwindmill narrative and serial-narrative (humorous and
dramatic varieties)
    * Repeating sketches/characters on Saturday Night Live
    * Dogme95 manifesto (No lights, handheld camera, only props found on the
set etc.)
    * Theatrical Improv
    * Kentucky Fried Movie

Documentary/Alternanews
    * Michael Moore

No need to stick to those or any categories, just trying to prod some
discussion with those examples. I'm curious about influences PERIOD.

Also curious to hear from people who feel their vlogging ISN'T really
influenced by other media.

Brook

p.s. for all I know the vloggers I used in my hybrid names might be HORRIBLY
OFFENDED to be associated with stuff under the categories, no direct links
intended!

Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art
www.brookhinton.com <<vlog links are here

TRACE GARDEN now available in flash format on Blip!
tracegarden.blip.tv