Thanks for explaining, Steve.

As I understand it, the only reason Josh can't change the iPod file
to .mp4 instead of .mov is that  is that he's got something
(Feedburner possibly?) creating 2 feeds automatically - one regular
size/ipod compatible, one HD.  The only way his feed generator can
recognise which file to put in each feed is by looking at the file
extension.  And he has to use .mp4 for the HD files, so he needs a
different extension (preferably a nicely recognisable Quicktime .mov
rather than .mp4) for the regular/ipod files.

I think that's what he's saying, anyway.

And even though it's not really a .mov, Quicktime and iPods will play
an m4v that's been renamed as a .mov - so in practical terms, it
should work fine for him if he wants to fake a .mov extension.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/