Thanks for responding Adrian.

Specifically I was wanting to know if it allowed iTunes and Frontrow
to handle divx files and other video formats they normally wouldn't.
The idea being using the iTunes frontrow combo for more of my video
podcasting and other video viewing needs.

I have a spare laptop that sits next to my tv as a media player, I
have an remote that works great with it, but I haven't bothered
putting Apple Frontrow on it because it hasn't handled the most
important half my video library.  Instead I use VLC, which is great
except it is hardly a media manager so videos are not browseable with
the remote.  I tend to use VNC a lot with this box to "queue stuff up"
and only use the remote for pause, volume, skip, etc.

I've also been meaning to look at centerstage and some other open
source packages as well.

-Mike