1. The driver should not be the camera person. ;-)

2. Pre-plan everything in case the milk of human kindness does not
bring up logging for the night. Unless you've got the RV.

3. I'm thinking if you are going to post 365 days you are gonna want
to know every free wi-fi, Internet cafe and library on you trip around
the country. Kinko's will kill your budget if you don't know where the
free Internet resources are in a community.

4. Get to know your camcorder really well.

5. Have more than one. Maybe a good DV camcorder for the long
interviews and something like the http://tinyurl.com/3xjxe6 camcorder
for taking around town showing videos of the outdoors sights without
drawing attention to the camcorder. It's good for daylight stuff and
you can plug it into your laptop easy.

I have to put myself to bed but I'll stew on it. I'm sure others will
pipe in as well.

Gena