Here's what I think makes the difference for me as a producer as to
which live streaming video service I choose to use:

Customer service---are they responsive? Do they fix problems fast?

Reliability---does it all work?

Capacity---how many simultaneous viewers does it allow?

Features that work well with each other---For example blog.tv allows
split screen, but only archives one of the screens. That sucks to
offer a feature, but then don't support it with another feature

Ability to embed it all in your own web page----

I want to brand my show, not have it be in their branded environment.
All the services allow you to embed video. Fine. But don't they also
allow me to embed their chat room at the same time?

http://pravdam.com/2007/09/11/blogtv-new-homepage-signals-content-discovery-as-main-differentiation/