I plan on doing some more experimenting with live stuff too. I
tested out Ustream.tv and I kinda like them, but I'm open to trying
others. I was wondering if anyone has noticed a big difference in
streaming quality from one service or another. Because, one comment
I got a lot was "the stream was gittery" or the audio was out of
sync I happen to think that that would be the case with most
streaming services but I don't know. It could also have something to
do with my connection or the amount of movement in the frame.

If you want to see how the first "Live-Fi Saint Louis" went check it
out here: http://lofistl.ning.com/video/video/show?id=814862%3AVideo%
3A9325

I had a friend doing camera for me (a DVX100 piped into my MacBook
Pro via firewire) but the audio was from the MacBookPro because for
some reason I couldn't get the audio from the camera to work with
the flash interface without it crashing the browser. I tend to think
that that was a Flash bug more than anything. But the audio turned
out good none the less. We also rolled tape on the camera so that we
have a good quaity record of the show--clips of which will appear on
my vlog.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com
www.billstreeter.net

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jonny goldstein"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yep, I've interacted with the blogtv people too, and they were
very nice.

> As of right now, all these services have glitches.
>
> So far, for my purposes, I like operator11.com most, but I'm not
100%
> content with them either.
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Taylor"
> <thejeffreytaylor@> wrote:
> >
> > At Vlog Europe, they were EXTREMELY responsive as we
had "birthing
> pains" in
> > the morning. The problems were fixed fast, and they do have
someone
> on-call
> > at all times. Any problems we had were with bandwidth and issues
on
> our end,
> > not theirs.
> >
> > Their UI does need some work many of the areas that Jonny
mentions, and
> > there are some "freeze" problems as the number of users
increases, but I
> > think they're on par with about everyone out there with their
own set of
> > weaknesses and strengths. And in the realm of intent to serve the
> customer,
> > they're great.
> >
> > Full Disclosure: BlogTV was a sponsor of Vlog Europe.
> >

> > On 12/09/2007, jonny goldstein <spamjonny@> wrote:
> > >
> > >   Here's what I think makes the difference for me as a
producer as to
> > > which live streaming video service I choose to use:
> > >
> > > Customer service---are they responsive? Do they fix problems
fast?

> > > Reliability---does it all work?
> > >
> > > Capacity---how many simultaneous viewers does it allow?
> > >
> > > Features that work well with each other---For example blog.tv
allows
> > > split screen, but only archives one of the screens. That sucks
> > > offer a feature, but then don't support it with another feature
> > >
> > > Ability to embed it all in your own web page----
> > >
> > > I want to brand my show, not have it be in their branded
environment.
> > > All the services allow you to embed video. Fine. But don't
they also
> > > allow me to embed their chat room at the same time?
> > >
> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
> <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

> a new
> > > >

> http://pravdam.com/2007/09/11/blogtv-new-homepage-signals-content-