It's so random. OWC has the worst track record in my studio and with
my clients, though I haven't used their most recent enclosures. The
message is THEY WILL ALL FAIL eventually. All of them. For pretty much
every brand, someone will have had one stay up for 6 years while
another person will have had 3 drives fail within a year. Follow the
precautionary steps and whatever drive it is it will last longer at
least.

Another thing - they're not all equal in terms of using them for
video. One of the reasons I've continued to use LaCie, despite
failures, is consistently good performance (e.g., playing back real
time previews in FCP of multi-layer sequences with effects without
dropping frames). But that's ony the D2s, and only if formatted HFS+.

Again, G-Tech has the rep right now, but they're young, and I still
would not rely on ANY solution as rock solid.

Brook

Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art
www.brookhinton.com