yeah. :(  Re-formatting it to NTFS will erase the stuff on there, so
you'll have to copy the good stuff elsewhere first.

I should also point out that there are apps out there to allow you to
access an NTFS drive on a Mac if push comes to shove.  (So don't feel
like NTFS means you'll never be able to plug it into a mac if you
absolutely had to.)

HFS+ is the similar 'no limit' filesystem on a Mac I believe and there
are apps to read these drives from within windows as well ... but in
general if you're expecting to use it in windows, go with NTFS.

- Dave

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com