I have to say scoble.  My opinion of you just dropped tremendously.
You more then anyone should know the actions of the few are not
indicative of the whole.

As a blogger of all things I thought you might know that.

Your own criticisms of the community as a whole based on the actions
of a few is a sad commentary about noone other than yourself.

They in no way represent myself and many of the people here.

Do you normally get up in the middle of a conference and extol on how
the negative virtues of the people that attend that conference. I'd
love to see that.

As to why this community is not growing it's because a) it's as big as
it can get and has been for years  b) people are smart, they tend to
use other means where possible, such as twitter, and dozens or so
alternate related discussion groups where they can have more focused
discussions.

This decentralization has been intentional for many. In order for this
thing, whatever you want to call it, to succeed it must decentralize
beyond a simple yahoo group. It has.

The very thing you're pointing out as a negative many of us see as a
tremendous positve.

Funny...  new sites, growing... who would have thunk it?

Did youtube happen becaue of some failing of this community too?

I'd love to take credit for that.

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog