Wow. Well, I didn't take Cheryl's post as questioning your integrity.
If anything it seemed like there was an assumption because of who you
guys are that everything was probably being done with integrity, but
the problem was that there was no way for anyone to know that. Again,
basic media literacy stuff that has gone out the window in the
broadcast and online worlds in the last decade.

I don't know you guys and had never paid attention to your show, but
as a result of Cheryl's post and your response I've ended up with
enormous respect for Epic-FU and even a little bit of hope that the
commercial side of whatever comes of web video has a chance at being
more ethical than its MSM counterparts. I'll be using the discussion
in my classes and using Epic-FU as an example of people approaching
the commercial side of video on the web with integrity. It wouldn't
have even registered otherwise. Since I don't know you folks, had I
paid much attention before I probably would have assumed it was
otherwise, having spent too much time dealing with people who
rationalize their involvement in payola-esque situations even when
they present a different face publicly.

I can only speak to my own reaction. I came out of watching the whole
thing and the ensuing discussion thinking you, Zadi, and Cheryl were
all three examples of what is good in this space.

Brook

Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art
www.brookhinton.com