--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Um...I'm not sure why I got this email, but I did, so I thought I
> would pass it along.... but it was sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Of
> course this may be old news
>
> Hello,  My name is Laura Phillips from the University. I am an
> Administrative Director for the school and I represent Christine in
> this discussion.

On reading this message, it seems that the intent is to bully John
into removing his video and influence him not to seek legal
representation.  Why on earth would someone with legal representation
not allow counsel to speak for him/her?  Why would this person also
contact members of the videoblogging YahooGroup offlist?  Or argue
about something completely irrelevant on Lan Bui's blog?  It simply
does not make sense.

Here's an unrelated but interesting story of a religious group that
used DMCA take down notices to remove videos critical of them from
YouTube.
http://www.citmedialaw.org/creationist-atheist-brouhaha-over-dmca-takedown-notices
 (http://tinyurl.com/ywc4cx)

Kenya