--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good for them :)
>
> I want to hear more about NNN and others on this list, if anybody
has any insight. They
> must have avoided controversy so far, so we havent heard about them
too much.

That's an interesting thing to think about a company... "they have
avoided controversy"! hahahaha :D

Their blog is <http://blog.nextnewnetworks.com/>.  Lots of the things
they've done, as well as the people they've hired are mentioned on
their blog.

I can't think of anything potentially controversial that they do,
offhand.  You pitch them a show, and if it looks good to them as far
as fitting in with their business plan, they'll pick up your show.  If
it does well, fine.  If not, it goes on hiatus.  It seems to be a
relatively simple operation.

>From what I've seen over the last year and a half on this group,
companies become controversial when they get greedy... When they're
perceived as USING people more than they're HELPING them.  In the case
of NNN, they give podcasters money for creating content, they aid with
website creation and super-distribution and they look for advertising
opportunities / sponsors for their shows.  All that stuff falls under
the "helping" category, which makes them currently "less
controversial" than others. :)

--
Bill
BillCammack.com