>  I fail to see how videos would bring more authenticity to the table
>  in this case. I can easily see how videos can bring more deceptive
>  practices to the table. Companies creating wonderful videos and
>  stories about how they treat their cows, when the reality is much
>  different. Telling customers things like "we don't have the USDA
>  certification, but look at this great video. We are good guys after
>  all!". I am much more sceptical of videos produced by a company than
>  I am of a national certification body.

I absolutely disagree.
more info is more info.
right now, I have very little info to go on about my shopping choices.

If a companies feel they have to start making videos about hpw they
make their products, then that's another piece of info they give to
people. if they want to lie...well, fine, But now I have more info to
make my choice.
They are also putting out more info to be caught in a lie.

>After all the companies'
>  profits go up if they make rosy videos, the USDA has no stake in the
>  matter. You don't trust ads on tv either, do you?

exactly. If something feels like a TV commercial, then that says a lot
about the company.
But im not talking about wanting to see advertisements.
Id love to see where the products are made.
Show me the factories, the farms, the workers, where the ingredients come from.

again if they want to lie about this with movie sets and actors, fine.
but where do we get this info now?
its a crack in the door.
I imagine that smaller companies might be more transparent with the
videos they would make since they would have smaller budgets.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790