I share Chris's concerns regarding the effect on potential audience.

I am also concerned about this causing internet cafes and other public
access points to limit the use of video and audio. As a maker, I want
to reach people who DON'T live most of their lives online and may
primarily access the web at such places, or who don't have the
economic means to necessarily even have DSL if they have their own
computer. And I want those people to be MAKING the stuff as well.  If
video and audio are going to be part of the cultural conversation and
/ or the means for artistic expression on the web, they have to stay -
or more accurately, become MORE - economically accessible at the
making and viewing level.

But then I'm a crazy old lefty who thinks we need free wifi all across
the land paid for by our tax dollars. Oh, after we fix health care and
poverty and all that. So I may be ideologically too far out of the
loop to even consider this.

Brook

Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art