Hi Irene,

First of all, note that the song has a "by" and non-commercial cc copy
right, so, as long as your not making money you're ok. If you advertising or
something, then, my opinion is that you need to ask permission - but let's
assume you're not making money from the video.

Since part of the cc is by (attribution) you're correct to give them credit.

If it were me, here's what I do:

begin *****

"Six Feet Under (j-tine mix)"
jaspertine
myspace/modalia

ccMixter
ccmixter.org

***end

First I think it's always best to give the band's web site if they have one,
as opposed to a description page on some other site, that's why I went with
myspace (assuming they don't have their own independent site). Also, the
band name and the site are what are listed for the song, so I wouldn't worry
about the discrepancy in names.

Second, I always like to give the name of the site that's providing me with
the creative commons music, or pod safe music, that's why I would also
credit ccMixter - I think with pod safe music, the terms of service require
that you give pod safe credit and list the link, but I would anyway.

... I ain't even close to being a lawyer, but that's what I would do ...
best ... Richard

On Jan 28, 2008 11:27 PM, Irene Duma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Hi guys,
>
> Found a great tune on ccmixter.org...(thank you videoblog wiki!).
>
> I put together a faux experimental video for semanal, a quick one because
> am behind, but I can¹t figure out how to credit the music.
>
> It¹s one song that uses samples from another song on ccmixter. The artist
> uses one name on ccmixter, another on his myspace page. What name do I
> use?
> Do I put a link to the ccmixter page? Or to his myspace page? Do I need to
> credit the sample too? What should I say?
>
> Any ideas from the group?
>
> Here¹s the song ­ very cool.
> http://ccmixter.org/media/files/jaspertine/13020
>
> Geez ­ you think you¹re done ­ and there¹s still a ton of work to do.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Irene Duma
> Strange Duck Media
> ...a good egg
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <irene%40strangeduck.com>
> T 416-769-1879 C 416-535-0652
> web design and creative marketing
> blogging easy computer tips http://www.strangeduck.com/blog
> and comedy at http://www.bittertonic.com