--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "influxxmedia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I still keep my video at 320x240. Unless there is a really good
reason, I'm doing some real
> high art lets say (which I'm not), there is no reason to waste that
much bandwidth. The
> bandwidth is not free and it is not limitless. Someone somewhere has
to pay for it, and I dont
> see the point of wasting it on my ugly mug talking a lot of bullshit.
>
> Any video I visit on the web better be really compelling for me to
stick with it at hi res,
> otherwise I just close the window. Progressive download helps here
(FastStart-Compresssed
> Headers) so the file can play while it keeps downloading in the
background.

> Codecs have gotten much more efficient so it has been tempting to
update my specs, and I've
> seen some lovely looking work coming out of the members of this
group, especially stuff shot
> on HD. My little Flip recorder looks like poop anyhow so bigger
sizes are necessary. Maybe
> when I get an HV20 or similar will I change my specs and workflow.
>
> Good question.

I have an HV20, and it's pretty much overkill for internet
productions.  The good thing about it is that recording in 1080/60i,
it's easy to green/bluescreen and do smooth slow motion effects.

However, nobody's SERVING 1080i.  They're all serving 720p.  AppleTV
serves 960x540x30fps or 1280x720x24fps.  You always end up
down-converting, and the render times are outlandish, especially if
you do blue/greenscreening.

Bill
http://BillCammack.com