Jay dedman wrote:

> this is crazy to me.
> this is like saying that everyone can make their own power plants nd
> run lines all over town. (and charge for that power)
> everyone can make their own water companies and dig up the ground for
> pipes. (and charge for their use)
> or everyone can make their own roads. (and charge for their use)

I have no idea why you think this is outrageous.  If one utility network can be
installed, why not a reasonable number like, say, three or five? There really
is no reason why neighbors can't receive service from different networks.  You
might have a good place to keep your ice cream during a blackout.

> Can I make my own army?

Why not?  You wouldn't be the first.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_military_company#U.S._companies>