Firewire sucks. A client's HV20 just fell victim to a fried port.
Unless you have a dedicated firewire BUS (not port) with the ability
to turn its power on or off for each device, things will fry.

But on the camera/deck end, for DV and HDV, it's all we've got unless
you go with a tower and an uncompressed card. At least we now have
eSATA for drives.

Brook

On 2/13/08, Brian Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I LOVE LEDs. just make sure you get some CTO to compensate for the
>  color temp that tends to be cold, in which case, they're great to
>  balance with daylight. but it's soft and energy saving and usually
>  comes with a dimmer. aside from the on-board panels, DP JoaquĆ­n
>  Baca-Asay (DP of "Thumbsucker") swears by 1x1 ft LED panels for soft
>  natural light.
>
>  good luck.
>  -brian
>
>  On 2/11/08, JD Lasica <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Hi Markus,
>  >
>  > No, the lowlife who stole my Canon Digital Rebel didn't return it, so
>  > I need to buy a new digital camera, but that's for another list. :~)
>  >
>  > If you're in the market for an LED light, I discovered that the DV
>  > Estore (www.dvestore.com) in Washington state sells them for $299 plus
>  > $8 shipping.
>  >
>  > jd lasica