On Feb 17, 2008, at 6:06 AM, noel hidalgo wrote:

> one thing that i louve about drupal is the multiple approaches to one
> problem. i'd love to hear what works for you.

just saw this post from arthurf on the Drupal video group that may be
of interest.  if you're in boston around march 3rd, he's looking to
meet up with interested parties at drupalcon08

"I just wanted to alert people who are interested in doing video/media
work on Drupal that I've finally had the time to put together some of
the  tie-ins that make it possible to create some pretty remarkable
video functionality. Using media_mover [1] to do transcoding of uploaded
videos, xspf_playlist [2] to build dynamic playlists, and flvmediaplayer
[3] to render the player, we can now have a video player which not only
plays user uploaded content, but can both recommend content based on a
views [4] or play a list of content generated by a view [5]. FLV Media
Player [6] will let you take the player and embed it in a page off site
if desired. Further, you can use a dynamic configuration file for the
player which allows you to alter the appearance and behavior of embedded
players already deployed in the field."

http://groups.drupal.org/node/9016

markus